The Central Missouri Mules golf team has been selected to play in the NCAA-II Central/Midwest Super Regional May 8-10 at Awarii Dunes Golf Club in Axtell, Neb.. The Mules earned the No. 1 seed out of the 10 teams selected from the Central Region.
The Mules earned the No. 1 seed out of the Central Region, Arkansas Tech is the No. 2 seed followed by Central Oklahoma, Lindenwood, Henderson State, SW Oklahoma State, Washburn, Northeastern State, Harding and Minnesota State. Missouri-St. Louis is the top seed out of the Midwest Region.
The Central and Midwest Regions have been paired to create a 20-team super regional. The 54-hole tournament will be played at Awarii Dunes Golf Club in Axtell, Neb. hosted by Nebraska-Kearney.
At minimum, the top three teams and the top two student-athletes not with a team from each regional (regardless of region) will advance to the finals May 22-26, at Reunion Resort in Kissimmee, Fla. The remaining eight team berths will be allocated based on the regions represented in the prior year’s medal-match portion of the championships, with the maximum number of teams from a given region capped at seven. The finals will be hosted by the Sunshine State Conference and Central Florida Sports Commission.
The regional tournaments are paired as follows:
Atlantic and East
Central and Midwest
South and Southeast
South Central and West
Awarii Dunes, Axtell, Nebraska; University of Nebraska at Kearney, host.
1. Central Missouri
2. Arkansas Tech
3. Central Oklahoma [Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association]
5. Henderson State [Great American Conference]
6. Southwestern Oklahoma State
8. Northeastern State
10. Minnesota State Mankato [Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference]
1. Parker Klitzke, Augustana
2. Patrick McCarthy, Missouri Western
3. Connor Neil, Missouri Southern
4. Hayden Foster, SE Oklahoma State
1. Missouri-St. Louis
2. Grand Valley State [Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference]
4. Bellarmine [Great Lakes Valley Conference]
5. Ferris State
6. Saginaw Valley State
7. Wayne State (Mich.)
8. Maryville (Tenn.)
10. Trevecca Nazarene [Great Midwest Athletic Conference]
1. Keenai Sampson, McKendree
2. Talon Supak, Illinois-Springfield
3. Joel Pietila, Hillsdale
4. Craig Stefureak, Drury